For context, see M20 pages 254-259
- Select Concept, Faction, Tradition/Convention/Craft, Affinity Sphere, Essence, Resonance, Nature, Demeanor
- Select focus
- At least 1 paradigm (M20 568-571)
- At least 1 practice (M20 573-586)
- At least 7 instruments (M20 588-600); for mystics with Arete 3, one of them is optional (M20 567)
- Attributes: 7/5/3 (plus base 1 in each)
- Abilities: 13/9/5
- Backgrounds: 7
- Enhancement, Sanctum/Laboratory, and Totem cost double
- Requisitions and Secret Weapons are limited to Technocrats
- Spheres: 6, including at least 1 in Affinity Sphere
- Arete: 1
- Willpower: 5
- Quintessence: = Avatar
- Paradox: 0
- Freebies: 15
|Stat||Freebies per additional dot|
* Arete is limited to a total of 3 during chargen
** 1 freebie per 4 dots
IC questions that you should be able to answer: (M20 262-265)
- How old are you?
- Where and how were you raised?
- When did you notice you were… different?
- Who have your important friends been?
- What were you brought up to believe?
- How did you first encounter magick?
- Do you have a sense of destiny?
- How do your beliefs determine your focus?
- How did you meet your mentor(s)?
- How did you join your faction?
- How'd you meet your current associates?
- How do you see your Avatar and the relationship between you both?
- How do you now deal with the mundane world?
OOC questions that you should be able to answer: (M20 265)
- What do you, the player, want to play?
- How do you see your character growing as the chronicle goes on?
- How is this character an aspect of your real-world self?
- Common paradigms by Tradition: M20 148-165
- New Tradition flavors: M20 145-146
|Tradition||Old name||Affinity Sphere|
|Akashayana||Akashic Brotherhood||Mind or Life|
|Celestial Chorus||(same)||Prime, Forces, or Spirit|
|Chakravanti||Euthanatos||Entropy, Life, or Spirit|
|Kha'vadi||Dreamspeakers||Spirit, Forces, Life, or Matter|
|Mercurial Elite||Virtual Adepts||Correspondence/Data or Forces|
|Order of Hermes||(same)||Forces (some Houses favor Life, Matter,
Mind, or Spirit as secondary pursuits)
|Sahajiya||Cult of Ecstasy||Time, Life, or Mind|
|Society of Ether||Sons of Ether||Matter, Forces, or Prime|
|Verbenae||Verbena||Life or Forces|
Common paradigms by Convention: M20 186-195
|Iteration X||Forces, Matter, or Time|
|New World Order||Mind or Correspondence/Data|
|Progenitors||Life (Entropy and/or Mind are often secondary)|
|Syndicate||Entropy, Mind, or Primal Utility|
|Void Engineers||Dimensional Science, Correspondence, or Forces|
Common paradigms by Craft: M20 202-223
|Ahl-i-Batin||Correspondence or Mind
(cannot learn Entropy at all)
|Bata'a||Spirit or Life|
|Children of Knowledge||Matter, or sometimes
Forces, Prime, or Entropy
|Ngoma||Life, Mind, Prime, or Spirit|
|Sisters of Hippolyta||Life or Mind|
|Taftani||Forces, Matter, Prime, or Spirit|
|Templar Knights||Forces, Life, Mind, or Prime|
|Wu Lung||Spirit, Forces, Matter, or Life|
* Don't ICly think of things in terms of spheres, but still follow normal game mechanics